S. Puglisi, D. Rebollo-Monedero, J. Forné (2010). "Potential mass surveillance and privacy violations in proximity-based social applications." TRUSTCOM 15 Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE Trustcom/BigDataSE/ISPA. 1 (1045-1052).
- System Engineer
- Tor Project
- 2016 - present
- Ford Foundation / Media Democracy Found Tech Exchange Fellow
- Technical Architech
- 2015 - 2016, Barcelona, Spain
- Fab labs provide widespread access to modern means for invention. They began as an outreach project from MIT’s Center for Bits and Atoms (CBA), and became into a collaborative and global network. You can find more information about Fab Labs on the Fab Foundation Website.
- Software Engineer
- 2014 - 2015, Barcelona, Spain
- Ruby on Rails development. Ztory is a Swedish startup founded in 2013 that gives readers access to an ever growing stockpile of fresh publications for a fixed monthly price. Our mission is to give millions of people unlimited access to publications and help publishers find new audiences.
- Software Engineer
- 2013 - 2014, Barcelona, Spain
- Ruby on Rails development for a high performance system with focus on excellent usability.
- Enterprise Engineer
- 2011 – 2012 Dublin, Ireland
- Support and account management to Google Apps users worldwide.
- Identify and escalate bug reports, proactively identify customer problems, and develop creative solutions to maximize the adoption of Google Apps in organisations.
- Monitor customer feedback and drive programs to improve client satisfaction.
- Work with product and engineering teams to translate customer needs into a better product experience.
- Develop and implement processes and infrastructure to scale customer-facing operations.</p>
- Corporate Operations Engineer
- 2009 – 2011 Dublin, Ireland
- Maintaining, designing, diagnosing, troubleshooting and/or updating user facing services.
- Interacting with stakeholders and customers to identify requirements.
- Testing and reviewing hardware and software; participating in researching technical solutions.
- Supporting remote offices, acting as main point of contact for the remote users.
- Experience with deployment of new systems and services, infrastructure (hardware/software) support and project management.
- Experience organizing large scale events and providing events support.</p>
- Field Engineer
- 2007 – 2009 Milan, Italy
- IT management for 5 offices spread across Europe.
- Deploying, testing and researching technical solutions.
- Extensive field experience and project management background in deploying new services, infrastructure, and opening new office spaces, In Europe, the Middle East, North and South America.
- Organising events and providing events support.
- Designing technical training material and providing support for internal users and external customers.
- Extensive experience providing and managing technical support to users and customers. .
- Developing and implementing processes and infrastructure to scale customer-facing operations. Monitor customer feedback and drive programs to improve client satisfaction.</p>
- B.S., Computer Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, 2007
- M.S., Management of Information Systems, Trinity College Dublin, 2012
- Ph.D, Privacy and Information Security, Telematics Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, 2017
- Software Engineering
- System Engineering
- Information Privacy
- Paddle Surfing
S. Puglisi, J. Parra-Arnau, J. Forné, D. Rebollo-Monedero. (2015). "On Content-Based Recommendation and User Privacy in Social-Tagging Systems." Computer Standards & Interfaces. 41 (17-27).
S. Puglisi, D. Rebollo-Monedero, J. Forné. (2015). "You never surf alone. Ubiquitous tracking of users’ browsing habits." Proceeding Revised Selected Papers of the 10th International Workshop on Data Privacy Management, and Security Assurance. 9481 (273-280).
S. Puglisi. (2017). "RESTful Rails Development: Building Open Applications and Services." OReilly Media.
On Web user tracking: How third-party http requests track users’ browsing patterns for personalised advertising.
S. Puglisi, D. Rebollo-Monedero, J. Forne. (2016). "On Web user tracking: How third-party http requests track users browsing patterns for personalised advertising." Ad Hoc Networking Workshop (Med-Hoc-Net), 2016 Mediterranean.
Silvia Puglisi, Ángel Torres Moreira, Gerard Marrugat Torregrosa, Mónica Aguilar Igartua and Jordi Forné. (2016). "MobilitApp: Analysing Mobility Data of Citizens in the Metropolitan Area of Barcelona." Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering book series. Vol. 169.
S. Puglisi, D. Rebollo-Monedero, J. Forne. (2017). "On web user tracking of browsing patterns for personalised advertising." International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems. 32 (502-521)
S. Puglisi, D. Rebollo-Monedero, J. Forne. (2017). "On the Anonymity Risk of Time-Varying User Profiles." Entropy 2017. 19(5), 190
S. Puglisi. (2017). "Analysis, Modelling and Protection of Online Private Data." Ph.D. dissertation, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Jun. 2017.
Talk at CCC, Hamburg, Germany
Talk at Aalto Univerisity, Helsinki, Finland
Talk at Vienna University of Technology (TU), Vienna, Austria